Frequently Asked Questions
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is broadly defined as the provision of healthcare/counseling services through telecommunication technologies. My practice currently offers Video Counseling as an option for clients. Video Counseling offers many of the same benefits that a face-to-face session would.
What are the benefits of video counseling?
- Convenience. You can access your counseling session from anywhere.
- Comfort. You can create a unique therapy experience by setting up your space in whatever way speaks to you. Wear comfy clothing, grab a blanket, make yourself a hot cup of tea or coffee, put a few drops of lavender oil in your diffuser, and grab your dog. Create an environment where you can feel relaxed and take a break from stress. This is your time!
- Time. No travel time. This can offer some relief when you already struggle to find enough hours in the day for everything on your plate.
How does video counseling work?
- To access your Telehealth session, you will need a computer with a webcam; a smartphone with video ability; or an iPad/tablet.
- At the time of our session, you will receive an automatic email message from Simple Practice (a HIPPA complete, secure system) and enter a virtual waiting room.
- It is often helpful to use headphones while on the call to minimize interference of outside sound. I would also recommend finding a quiet, private place to talk and minimize distractions.
- If you are home and are concerned about privacy, put a noise machine, fan, or music device directly outside of the door on the floor so that your session is not audible to others in your house.
Contact me today for a free phone consultation. I can answer any questions you may have, and can discuss whether video counseling is an appropriate option for you! If technology stresses you out, no worries- I can walk you through it and help you troubleshoot when we get started.